Our commitment to protect your privacy
The purpose of this website is to provide general information to any prospects or clients of PFG and it’s members.
What information do we collect?
We may collect personal information about you when you provide information to us directly, and when you obtain services from us. We may also collect personal information about you from third parties when authorised by you and from public sources.
When we refer to personal information we mean information that identifies, or is capable of identifying, you. This includes, for example, your name, date of birth, address, contact details, account details and occupation. If you engage us to provide services to you, we may collect personal information about your financial situation or goals in order to recommend mortgage and insurance products that we are permitted to advise on (Products).
Why do we collect your personal information?
How do we collect your personal information?
Generally we will collect your personal information directly from you. For example, we collect your personal information if you submit information to us, make inquiries via email or provide personal information during conversations between you and us.
We may also collect your personal information from:
• credit reporting agencies;
• with your authorisation, banks (e.g. through the use of illion BankStatements) and employers;
• Product Providers (e.g. during the term of any loan or insurance we have arranged on your behalf, in order to answer your queries or assist you with your financial arrangements as your circumstances change). If applicable, the Product Providers may also periodically disclose your loan balance or premium to us in connection with the payment of ongoing commission to us over the term of your loan or insurance; and
• any other person authorised by you or the Privacy Act.
If you provide any personal information about anyone else to us, you confirm that you have collected that personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act and that the individual concerned has:
• has been informed of their right to access and request correction of their personal information.
Use of Your Information
We only collect and use personal information from you to be able to provide you with the products and services you have requested from us. We may provide you with information on our other services from time to time. We do not sell our client information or share it with third parties and in the event that policy changed at any point in the future, it would not be without first seeking your prior permission.
Retention and Security
We will not hold your personal information for longer than is required for the purpose(s) for which it was collected (subject to any obligations at law to hold the information for longer periods).
We have cyber security safeguards in place to protect the information and we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that information will not be disclosed to any unauthorised person or organisation.
Our security measures include:
IT Security Policy
Security & Anti-virus software
Back up processes
Other security measures such as physical, secure destruction of information, ongoing I.T. security review from a third party professionally engaged to support us
Who do we disclose your personal information to?
We may disclose your personal information to the following people if we consider it necessary to do so for the purposes described above:
• PFG and its related bodies corporate;
• Product Providers and other prospective lenders, third parties or other intermediaries in relation to your finance or insurance requirements (including a prospective lender’s mortgage insurer (if any), any person with whom a lender or insurer proposes to enter into contractual arrangements, any person who provides a guarantee or security and any trustee and any assignee or potential assignee of a lender’s or insurer’s rights);
• our referral partners who can help you with other services;
• contractors or service providers;
• investors, or any entity that has an interest in our business or any entity to whom we consider assigning or transferring any of our rights or obligations or selling all or part of our business;
• anyone who we are legally required or authorised to share your information with, including regulators and government agencies; We will generally rely on you to ensure the information we hold about you is accurate. If any of your details change, please let us know as soon as possible by contacting us.
to our aggregator (presently Prosper Group NZ) to ensure we are providing services to you that are in your best interests, and in accordance with current regulations;
• your employer and referees, as well as credit reporting and identity verification agencies; and
• any other person or entity authorised by you or the Privacy Act.
You acknowledge and agree that credit reporting agencies may hold your credit information (including default information) on their systems and use such information to provide their credit reporting services, which may include providing your credit information (including default information) to their customers.
Prior to disclosing any of your personal information to another person or organisation, we will take all reasonable steps to satisfy ourselves that the person or organisation has a commitment to protecting your personal information at least equal to our commitment.
Do we disclose your personal information to anyone outside New Zealand?
We may use cloud storage to store the personal information we hold about you. The cloud storage and the IT servers may be located outside New Zealand.
We may also disclose personal information to PFG’s related bodies corporate, and third party suppliers and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above.
Where is information hosted?
Our website and data within our customer relationship management system ACT! is hosted in New Zealand. ACT! has SOC 2 safety compliance, this is the same or better certification than ISO 27001 cybersecurity certification.
When we share your data with a third party, we have contracts in place with them which requires them to have in place the technical and organisational measures necessary to protect your personal data. However, many such providers are subject to different privacy laws and controls to New Zealand and hence we cannot provide absolute surety that those providers will not comply with their obligations to us, and divulge your personal data.
Are you required to provide personal information to us?
You are not required to provide any personal information to us but if you choose not to it might affect our ability to provide services to you and your ability to obtain finance, insurance and other Products from Product Providers.
In most circumstances it will be necessary for us to identify you in order to successfully do business with you. However, where it is lawful and practicable to do so, we will offer you the opportunity of doing business with us without providing us with personal information, for example, if you make general inquiries about interest rates or current promotional offers.
Your right of access and to correction of your personal information
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that personal information held by us is accurate and up-to-date. You are entitled to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not we hold personal information about you and you are entitled to reasonable access to this information, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, any information you provide over the internet is provided at your own risk.
Our client portal may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. Please note that those websites will have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility for the actions of those websites.
If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information and have it corrected, or would like to be removed from any of our subscription lists at any time, then please contact our Privacy Officer email@example.com or phone +64 9 919 3463.